So Many Things

I have had a few things on my mind recently.  Whether it be struggles with mental illness, health difficulties, loss of loved one, accidents, natural disaster's, unexpected tragedy: whatever it be, these things seem to have the effect of either turning men's hearts to God, or to bitterness and misery-and I speak of long-term.  Obviously, these things in and of themselves are going to bring sadness and anger of the most real kind.  But how we choose to allow these things to mold us, is in direct correlation to the level of faith we possess in our creator and His purposes for us.

I hear many speaking of the newfound "peace" in turning away from God and instead, being true to themselves.

"For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed?  for the end of those things is death.
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."(Romans 6:20-23)


"I find then a law, that when I would do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after then inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.(7:21-25)"

There is a war going on-a war against our souls.  When we simply give in, and stop fighting, following every lust of our temporal bodies, then we choose death over life (spiritual).  There are eternal laws with eternal consequences.

May we be mindful of whom we choose to give our existence to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sweet Little Girls

Falling Into Place

Utah Life