Foolishness

I've come to realize that I, if left to my own devices, can really complicate situations.
Because of my natural tendencies, I can be a destructive force especially in my marriage.  Marriage has been so good for me in that regard.  Because slowly, but surely, I am learning to turn to the Lord for wisdom and solutions.  I've actually done this since I was a teenager, but I guess that in recent months, maybe even years, I've wanted to spread my wings and just handle things on my own a little more.  That is a good thing, but it is always important still to include an all-knowing, all-loving Father in Heaven in our lives.  I still have some growing up to do in many areas.  And He alone will help me to achieve that.

We are at a phase in our family, where both of our loads are heavy.  And at the moment because of my  kids' ages, stages, and because of a great support system around me, I feel that my husband's load is heavier than mine.  There have been many times when it has been reversed.  It is so easy to be selfish when things are going well.  And I have been blind to just how much pressure he is under now.  I needed to really talk through it with him in order to gain the right perspective.  I'm thankful he was willing to do that with me last night.  He is such a great man with really high expectations.

I love my husband.

Change is inevitable.  An eternal perspective is vital.  And we must learn to enjoy things as they are while being a support to those who are in need if we are in a position to do so.  Many times in life, we are the ones in need.  I have been there so much, that I almost don't know what to do with myself when things are going so well.  I'm thankful to be in a position to help and serve though.  And I pray that I will have the eyes and mind to see what is around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls

Life is Busy