The Bachelor, After the Final Rose

  I just got done watching After the Final Rose. I cannot believe the way people are treating Courtney.  Just because a person has emotional issues to work through does not give justification to condemn an individual.
Who am I to judge another, when I walk imperfectly?  In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see.
It is frustrating to see the level of hostility people can show.  Seriously, they would stone her to death if they had the chance.

  What would Jesus do?  He understands her better than anyone else, and I'm pretty sure he treasures her.  He understands her and what she needs in order to heal and change.  Give her a chance people!

  I do believe the reason I am so understanding of her is because I have had to work through serious emotional issues within my relationship to my love.  And because of his redeeming qualities (which are comparable to some of Courtney's), he has stood by me and loved me through it.  I recognized many good things about Courtney-she is loyal in her relationships.  She gives her all to the ones who really matter, and doesn't care much about what people think-but not to a fault.  She is capable of recognizing when she's done wrong.  And yes, she has weaknesses.  But they are nothing she can't overcome in time.

  If I were to give a message to Courtney and Ben right now, I would say, DON'T listen to a word people say that is negative to do with your relationship.  There was a reason you were attracted to each other, and you have to believe in that.  From my perspective, you create a beautiful balance for each other.  And you will help each other to grow.  Believe, and be willing to do what it takes to work through those growing pains, and you will be just fine.

I believe in love.  I believe in marriage and happy families.

I also believe that our society has some seriously screwed up ideas about what relationships can and should be.  Fantasy land, vs. reality.  I hope each of us are able to recognize what is fantasy and what is real for the sake of our relationships, esp. in marriage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls

Life is Busy