Full

Could my life be more full?  Is there any way to cram in just one more blessing?  It doesn't seem possible, yet I know it is.

My fulfillment comes from living the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Here are a few things I am thankful for:

My husband ~I am so in love with this man.  I honestly hadn't a clue who he was, nor what I was looking for in a man when I married him. Sounds insane to start a marriage that way. 
  But I had enough faith and trust in God to know that everything would work out.  Marriage takes a great leap of faith for anyone.

Our family - the family we have created and are raising together is a great one.  And the greatest thing about it is that we are doing it together.  Children grow too quickly.  I often look at my little girls and handsome son, and daydream about their first experiences in life.  I feel an ever present need to prepare them for a world that is in turmoil, and will become more so as time passes.
  The most important preparation I speak of is spiritual.  I want them to understand, that if they trust in God with all their hearts, He will protect and guide them.  He will provide a way for them to overcome impossible odds.  After all, isn't that what any loving father does?
 Most importantly though, His is the only path that bears the fruit of joy and peace beyond that which is available in this world.

My testimony ~ I want everyone to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives.  He has the power and capacity to turn all things for our good.  I know this because of all that I've come through, stronger and more refined.  Closer and more aware of who He is, and why He is.  I know His promises are sure.

My invitation~To those who have never believed, or who in recent years have stopped believing, I want to testify that life is short. 
  Pursuits which have no eternal significance are a waste of   time. We are here to prepare ourselves to meet God. 
  If you wish to know these things for yourselves, you must repent and call upon His name.  He will speak to you.  His desire for each of His children is true joy but just as a small child cannot be happy without careful nurturing and direction, we also need guidelines in order to learn how to fly.  Once we do, the possibilities are limitless!
  
  I cannot say enough about the power of trusting in the Lord and obeying His precepts.
  There is freedom in being teachable.
The more we come to know and accept, the greater capacity our minds have to expand and receive  more knowledge and wisdom.  


And so the saying goes,

My cup runneth over
...this may be how it feels to me, but in reality, my cup is enlarged through obedience.

Comments

Annamaria said…
Thank you for posting this! I love how you said that there is freedom in being teachable and how your cup has enlarged. I truly believe that gratitude helps us to have more of the spirit in our lives; because during those moments when I am ungrateful are the times when slip into depression or negative thinking. Gratitude also makes us humble and teachable. Rachael, because of your gratitude you have been blessed, and more blessings will come! I'm grateful for our friendship and look forward to getting to know you even more :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Sweet Little Girls

Falling Into Place

Utah Life