Thoughts

The majority of my extended family on my bio Father's side, has left the Church.  Some have become atheist, and other's different religions.

The parable of the sower comes to mind thinking about them and their choices.


"When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, andaunderstandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and bcatcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side."


So the first is not really understanding to begin with.


"But he that received the seed into astony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;  Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when atribulation or bpersecution ariseth because of the word, by and by che is offended."
Secondly, no root to what they believe, so when hard times come, or they see someone being a hypocrite or just not meeting their expectations they're out.

"He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this aworld, and thebdeceitfulness of criches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful."   (riches could be knowledge, material wealth, status, partying, or any number of desirable things)


And third, temptations of the world, and living by the world's standards, being fearful of not knowing enough or being thought of as ignorant -  slowly makes what you once understood seem less important...until that thing you seek is more important than anything else.


 I hope that someday, they will return and reap the blessings and rewards of staying faithful and loyal to a cause far greater than anything this world has to offer.

Comments

Michelle said…
Sorry, but I had to comment on this one-

There's a fourth, which is me, that is most definitely not included in a scripture.

The fourth is that after learning about many of the early teachings of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young that I disagreed with to my core, I could no longer trust that they had said anything else of worth.

I just couldn't believe what I didn't believe.

I have no intent to offend - just wanted to throw that other option out there, since the first three are surely NOT me.

Hugs!
Rachael said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said…
I had responded before...don't know if you got it or not. Trying to be understanding of your situation. But my husband pointed out that this parable was from Jesus Christ. And whether you recognize which one you'd be or not, I believe it was good enough to describe everyone who leaves the Church.
I do believe, you have not understood some things. There are still many things I don't quite understand, but we learn line upon line, precept on precept. And just because we find fault with certain things or people, it does not justify our choice to throw away the knowledge and testimony we have. It is only to our own detriment that we do these things. Satan is a great flatterer.

Popular posts from this blog

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls

Life is Busy