My Husband

I have been up since two am.  Went to bed at seven...once I was awake, for some reason I couldn't fall back asleep.
This is the day I pick up my husband from the airport and hug and kiss him for the first time in a month and a half.  Feeling a little anxious and excited, I guess.

During my experience here at my parents' home, I have had much time to reflect and ponder upon the ways in which I've changed for the better being away from home.  Marriage can do that to a person.  It can change them for better or for worse.

Being around my parents, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, siblings and so forth, I have seen how my heritage has molded me throughout my life.  I come from a great family full of faithful and good people.  And I married into a family with faithful and good people, and many strengths that I have been introduced to and been able to watch in wonder.

My life is full of great people-one of which, and probably most poignant to my progression is my dear husband.  I love my husband with all of my heart.  Being away from him has helped me to realize more than ever the impact and influence he alone has had on me.  He's so intelligent, strong, and all around just a good person.
I'm glad I was married young.  I was not yet set in my ways-and plenty teachable.  There are so many life lessons that I have not had to experience to learn because of my husband's insight and wisdom.  I have learned so much from his example as well.  It's the daily living that he's good at.  Living up to responsibilities, being kind and patient at home, keeping an eternal perspective, not judging others or holding grudges, desiring God's will above his own, full of gratitude for the natural beauty that surrounds us, working hard, playing hard, enjoying life.  The list could go on and on...

Yes, I'm a little smitten...it may be late in the game, but better late than never (had a few gliches I had to work out in order to really be able to fall in love).  We will be celebrating our eighth anniversary a little early.  Can't wait for my date with my husband tonight!

I'd better go get some rest now...only a few hours to get myself looking beautiful for my man.  He is my world ~ I'm glad I married him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls