We've Made It

It has been an incredibly long and tiring journey, but a good one.

We were able to visit one of Daniel's younger sisters, his parents on their mission, our future neighborhood,   his oldest sister and her family, and his youngest brother.  Our experiences with each were very enjoyable to say the least.

A few highlights that I'd like to note with our trip are as follows.

My husband's family is wonderful and kind beyond this world.  Unassuming, non-judgemental, respectful, loving.  I'm SO thankful for each one of their examples, which are leading me to become a better person just through knowing them.

Each child is precious and unique.  I loved getting to watch and know my little nieces and nephews better.  Kennedy, animated and matter-of-fact.  Adorable as can be, and just growing right up!   Susanna, wanting to have fun and spend time with everyone, learning new skills and having such a zest for life.  Amelia, there are no words to explain this little spit-fire cutie.  Her parents have their hands full and she's beautiful as can be.  These are only a few of many.  But I love and treasure them all and look forward to getting to know them much better.

We're here at my parent's home.  My children seem to be enjoying their time here thus far-although Angela seems pretty insecure with all the change going on, and each of them has melt-downs here and there.  But I'm happy to be here close to most of my siblings and nieces and nephews (four new nieces that I don't know yet).

It was beyond fun video conferencing for family scripture study with my sweetheart.  After the kids talked to him for a while it was my turn.  Can I just say, that when I married my husband I struck gold?  I love that man ~ and we have way too much fun together to have eight years in our back pocket (most of which has been spent just getting to know each other and learning to live together while raising little ones).  Oh how I love him!  He is the first man in my life who has always loved me openly and outwardly.  His influence in our family has been healing, exciting, interesting, and wonderful.  And through him, I have a great and large extended family whose examples are always present in my mind as I do my best to raise my family and live life to the fullest.  I'm grateful for each of you!  How far I have to go in order to emulate those characteristics that I see.  One day at a time. I'll get to where I'm going with the Lord's help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls