My Sweet Cousin

This is my cousin Katie.  I don't know her that well.  But we happened to be the closest family to her appointed hospital for some major surgeries she'd be undergoing this summer, so we took the opportunity to visit her and her parents before heading west.

She just went through a jaw extraction.  There were constant storms during the time she was released from the hospital, and she was in so much pain.  But she endured it as well as she could to come down and greet us.  One thing that I learned about her is that she is a fighter.  She is called to go through so much just to be able to eat normally, to breath, to speak.  She is intelligent, strong as can be, and a blessing for so many.

I am grateful for my cousin Katie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

My Sweet Little Girls