Faith ~


 It's unbelievable to me how things have just fallen into place lately. Somehow, struggles that used to vex me day and night seem to have been lifted for the time being.
  The more I experience life, the more I'm convinced that many of our greatest worries are simply a test of our faith. Once we can live with sufficient faith in these areas, they seem to become a window to God's intended purpose for us.



Faith is absolutely necessary in order to allow God to work in and through us.
  Opportunities are coming that I never imagined possible for me - with my many weaknesses and limitations. I am beginning to believe that anything is possible. All our dreams CAN come true with faith.



" Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." 


(Doctrine and Covenants 123:17)

   There are areas in which we have control, and areas in which we do not.  If we can learn to recognize and follow through with our part, and then simply stand still and watch Him work ~ we will experience a taste of what He has in store for us.



"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."  "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."




if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


(Ether 12: 4, 6, 27)


   I know that my Redeemer lives. When this life is through, these things that we struggle so deeply with, will seem like little to nothing in comparison with the glory of God. 




Comments

Jansen Family said…
This is a beautiful post--thanks for sharing! I really love the verse from Doctrine and Covenants that begins "let us cheerfully do all things in our power." I've often read it and seen the advice to have a good attitude, but it comes with such a powerful promise too. I really enjoyed reading this post!

~Carla

www.jollyjansen.blogspot.com
http://HoustonParentsMagazine.com

Popular posts from this blog

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls

Life is Busy