Victim vs. Accountability

Simple truths are going out the window fast.
Comfortable lies, finding a place in the hearts of many.  Satan is at large - and we, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints cannot just stand by and be quiet.


Today my own cousin accused Elder Boyde K. Packer - who made a point in conference that we believe that homo-sexuality is wrong (referring to sexual acts and not the innate tendency toward same gender attraction) - of having blood on his hands because of the recent stream of gay teen suicides.  I simply stood up for this man of God, whom I greatly respect and love, and told him that someone cannot be held accountable for someone else's actions just because he may have offended them.  To me, this was so completely and utterly out there to place the blame on one individual - that individual being an apostle of God who I know LOVES every one of God's children and desires for their happiness- for so many deaths.


I asked for it.  His friends were absolutely beside themselves with rage for me~who had the audacity to state that we each have choices and are responsible for our actions.


And what I learned is that there are a whole lot of people who would rather hide behind the victim card than to face the awful truth of accountability.  No, they did not choose to be attracted to the same gender. But what they do with or about that is absolutely a choice.


One individual asked how I could call loving someone else a sin.  I explained that it is never wrong to love someone else.  But that the type of love I was referring to was the pure love of Christ and that any sexual relations outside of marriage between a man and a woman, is wrong.  That there is a difference between weakness (human tendencies and limitations) and sin (open rebellion against God).


  Well, it was soon apparent who was their biggest influence.  The father of lies-the author of confusion.  They fought tooth and nail taking offense at everything I said, twisting things just enough to make me look bad.


But you know what, not a bit of that matters.  Mostly I tried to express Jesus Christ's love and healing influence, and the necessity of acknowledging His hand in the grand scheme of things. I am full of love for those people and the earnest desire for them to come to know our Lord and Savior and His love for them.
They're so confused.


It's so sad.


Many of them used to be members of the Church.  And now the simplest of principles are incomprehensible to them.  They deny God.  It seems to me, that they are gods unto themselves because they deny any being who may have more knowledge than them, or a purpose other than their own for their lives.  And Satan laughs.


Isaiah 1:2 aHear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the Lord hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have brebelled against me.

  3 The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master’s acribbut Israel doth not bknow, my people doth not consider...


I know Jesus Christ lives and is the author of peace and happiness and that He has a plan of happiness for us.  I know that because of his amazing grace, each of us can overcome weakness, repent of our sins and rise above a troubled world.  He is the One.  I give to Him all my praise and gratitude!  Without Him, I would be as so many people, tossed with every wind of doctrine, accepting what is acceptable at the moment (politically correct)-and standing on shaky ground.  He is my rock, my Redeemer, my wonderful Savior.  No matter what they might do or say, this will not change.  He LIVES.

Comments

Kate said…
Good Job. I had a friend who asked why we have to defend our beliefs so often, In a world where anything goes, why is it that "Anything Goes" doesn't seem to apply to people who believe in God and his laws. My first thought was, "Well, if we weren't on the right track, Satan really wouldn't care, he wouldn't need to put up a fight." You, my dear, are fighting the good fight. Good Job!
Rachael said…
THanks Kate! It's so true. We are fighting the good fight.
Michelle said…
I AM A STRAIGHT ALLY.

If that bothers you, stop reading.

Okay, so. You say that feeling an attraction to someone of the same gender is not a sin. But "choosing" to be happy, to live your life in a way that is true to you, to the very core, IS a sin. A right, by the way, that you have and hold dear.

Honestly, I think that's worse than just saying homosexuality is a sin. Because by asking a person, teen, tween, or otherwise, to DENY what you readily admit is NOT a choice - that being the person to which s/he is attracted - is to ask them to be a liar. And unhappy. And in eternal conflict.

Something with which you do not have to deal, because you are not gay. It's like asking me to deny the color of my skin, or my shoe size, or my height. Or asking you to marry and love a woman.

It's not who you are. In any way.

And THAT is why they are killing themselves.

PLEASE watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM6xbW1DZyM&feature=player_embedded
Kimberly Craven said…
Thank you Rachael for standing up for what we know is true. Satan is out there, and he is very sneeky, but if we stick together, as a family and remember that God is always with us, well make it through! Love ya!

The Cravens :)
cardwellclan said…
Great point Rachael. I hope you are doing well. I love you!!

Becky
pdwheeler said…
Thank you for your strong testimony.

Popular posts from this blog

My Sweet Little Girls

Falling Into Place

Utah Life