Gratitude

I just feel a need to express my gratitude for my Lord and Savior right now.


He is the one to bring order into my life.  By myself, I'm a disaster and my life has no rhyme or reason-I simply drift.  He centers and grounds me-giving constant purpose and direction.  I cannot imagine how people, or for that matter, why people choose not to have Jesus Christ in their hearts continually.


In one way, I guess it makes sense.  There are all types of glamorous and exciting looking things out there. But, simply put, when we seek after those things, they are never satisfying.  We can indulge as much as we want to without ever having a sense of contentment and well-being.  It's like eating food with nearly no nutritional value till we're full, but feeling like we need more, and more... comparable to addiction.


In this world, there are ways of life that seem appealing and exciting-but greatly lack spiritual substance.  And the only way we can know for ourselves whether anything or anyone who claims certain benefits from certain lifestyles, is simply by living it.


An example of how I've learned is that I'll have this urge, like I'm missing something on facebook, or a show that I could learn from or enjoy.  So I'll go on the internet and watch, read, look until I've exhausted my resources, and still want to go back and check and check, afraid I'll miss something.  On the contrary, there is this much more subtle and quiet nudging urge I feel less frequently when my focus is on things that don't matter as much.  And when I heed this by turning to resources that seem much less appealing and exciting (actually somewhat boring), almost immediately, my entire being becomes peaceful, content, full of rejoicing and gratitude.  These resources help my focus to turn back to Jesus Christ.  Which in turn puts everything quickly into perspective.
It is then that I begin enjoying my day to day tasks and responsibilities and I am at peace.


That hunger that came quickly and suddenly was my spirit hungering for truth.


The one reliable source of truth is Jesus Christ.


He that aascended up on high, as also he bdescended below all things, in that he ccomprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the dlight of truth;  (Doctrine and Covenants 88:6)




Truth is light.  If we are filled with truth, our appearance, our countenance will be full of light.  Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  Our sun which illuminates the earth, making every color and texture more magnificent and vibrant, which seems to enliven the soul and bring joy, to energize and rejuvenate our minds and our bodies - is symbolic of Him who truly does all those things for us and more.


Jesus Christ is the one who knows and loves us each so intimately, and desires for us all to inherit all that He has.  It is only through His guidance - by following His example, keeping His commandments, and staying true to our covenants we have made with Him, that ALL of the blessings and promises He has to give, will be ours.


My heart soars when I speak of my wonderful, beautiful Savior.  I love Him more than is possible for me to express.


If there is a single thing I desire to pass on to my children, it is that Jesus Christ lives.  That He loves us.  That He died for us, opening up a way for our greatest potentials to be realized and for our family life to expand the eternities.


I KNOW He LIVES!

Comments

Katie said…
I love love love this post. You expressed it so well. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls

Life is Busy