Pregnant Forever Club

This is my attempt at an online support group.
My Mom leaves Saturday for home, and although I'm glad this isn't my first, I was hoping she'd get to see her before she left.  But at least she's had plenty of time with her other grandchildren.
Grandma has fixed up everything in our house and out while here.  Anything that was broken or neglected is in great shape now.  She's a regular handy man-and a very talented Grandma.  She's knitted hats for Ang and Sarah and little white booties, while keeping up on her BYU studies as a senior, and still had plenty of time to clean, make meals, and play a whole lot with my kids.

My baseboards gaps are now all sealed, my toilet doesn't wobble anymore and both toilet paper dispensers are sturdy on the wall.  My license plate is drilled in at the bottom (first time since we got new license plates), my front license plate (that a guy backed into in the dark one night) is now bent straight-so looks like new.  The wooden slabs that were coming out along the corners of some walls are now calked back in place,  the entertainment center board that was warped is now drilled straight into place, and cupboard closes like it should and attaches.
Looking at all the things she's made around my house is impressive as well.  She wove the bassinet in my room, she's made countless doll blankets, a couple little pillows, dresses and head pieces, vases, painted pictures of my kids, and taken beautiful photos.

Her talents and skills multiply by the dozens it seems.

I am grateful for the lightened load I've felt since she's been here and will miss her very much when she's gone.

Dan is trying to get his dissertation done during this week while she's here so he can really be here for my recovery to take care of the house and kids and not have to worry about whether he's on schedule with his PhD program.


I'm in denial.  For the past couple weeks, I've been mindful of every detail to prepare myself for labor-my house has been in order-laundry and dishes and everything else kept up on, I've tried getting myself and the kids ready and eating good things, and getting good rest each day so that just in case it's the day, I'd be prepared.

I've just hit the point where I don't care anymore and feel a need to join a support group because I feel I'll be pregnant forever.  Just going on with my life as if everything's normal and there isn't a baby coming any day.

Ang just started coughing yesterday morning suddenly and hasn't felt well.  I thought it was perfect timing for Sarah to come while my kids were well.  Unfortunately, it was only a three week window and now it's passed and we're starting with the same old coughs and colds.

I feel like a regular Eeyore but am still more than grateful for my Mom's help and support at this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sweet Little Girls

Falling Into Place

Utah Life