Tough Times

These are hard times we live in, and blessed times.  I watched A Wrinkle in Time today.  Some things really stuck out to me about the present state of the world.  Some good messages in there; I've always loved the book.
Anyway, of course whenever I'm struggling to discern between how things appear and how they truly are in my life and in my mind, I turn to the scriptures for direction and clarification.


Here's a good little message that I needed right now and I hope someone else could use it as well.


Doctrine and Covenants 78
11 Wherefore, a commandment I give unto you, to prepare and organize yourselves by a bond or everlasting covenant that cannot be broken.

12 And he who breaketh it shall lose his office and standing in the church, and shall be delivered over to the buffetings of Satan until the day of redemption.

13 Behold, this is the preparation wherewith I prepare you, and the foundation, and the ensample which I give unto you, whereby you may accomplish the commandments which are given you;

14 That through my providence, notwithstanding the tribulation which shall descend upon you, that the church may stand independent above all other creatures beneath the celestial world;

15 That you may come up unto the crown prepared for you, and be made rulers over many kingdoms, saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Zion, who hath established the foundations of Adam-ondi-Ahman;

17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;

18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.

19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

20 Wherefore, do the things which I have commanded you, saith your Redeemer, even the Son Ahman, who prepareth all things before he taketh you;

21 For ye are the church of the Firstborn, and he will take you up in a cloud, and appoint every man his portion.

22 And he that is a faithful and wise steward shall inherit all things. Amen.

  I believe these words.  I love my creator for making life so unfair in our favor.  Truly, without His Atonement, we are all lost.  Through His grace, and our obedience to His words, we can be heirs to all He has.
  There is a richness I feel, a quiet strength and beauty from within when I read  these words.  Enough to keep me going and to encourage me to try a little harder at being a little better in every area of my life.  My spirit is being nourished.  And I feel to rejoice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

My Sweet Little Girls