My Testimony

I have been having a dialogue with my biological father recently. He has belonged to a polygamist break-off of the LDS Church for twenty-five years or so until recently when he was ex-communicated. But I believe he is in his heart still very much a believer and a part of them. Over and over again, he has encouraged me to not trust those who lead our Church. And that our entire Church is under condemnation and we need to repent.
Interesting to note, that in all the emails he has sent, he has not once mentioned the importance of Jesus Christ in his own life, only spoken in condemnation of other people and groups and their need to repent.

So here it is, my last email to him:

"By their fruits, ye shall know them."

Those men, meaning the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, are true witnesses and disciples of Jesus Christ. Through their testimony's and lives, I recognize them as such.

If your knowledge is so great, He will hold you to that knowledge, if it is pure knowledge. And once again, your words and actions will testify against you.

2 And though I have the gift of aprophecy, and understand all bmysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
• • •
8 Charity never afaileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

2 Nephi 25:26
And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins.

This is why it is of utmost importance to live what you know, so that you know whom you are living for. Your knowledge means nothing to me when I see your life and the type of fruit it has born. Actions speak louder than words. This is why the words of our Prophet's and Apostles hold far greater validity than do your words in my mind. They are men of God. As far as I can tell, you do not know God. And if you do, you have yet to testify of Him and your relation to Him, and certainly would have done so countless times if you were truly of Him.

I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He is at the head of our Church, leading and directing it through our living Prophet, President Monson. I know that without my Lord and Savior, I am nothing, and would not be able to progress to even half of my God-given potential if it weren't for the healing power of His Atonement.
I know that marriage is ordained of God between a man and a woman and that through many, many years of selfless dedication, work, and effort in our marital relations, we can come to know our Father in Heaven more perfectly and become like Him. Jesus Christ is the foundation upon which if men build, they cannot fall. Marriages which have Christ as their foundation, cannot fail. I know the Book of Mormon is a true record as is the Doctrine and Covenants, both inspired of God and powerful influences for good in our day. I know why I'm here; to stand as a witness of Christ at all times and in all things and in all places and to defend His Kingdom at all costs.

You have undermined and underestimated just how powerful example can be.

I hope that the last half of your life bears sweeter fruit than the first half, for your own sake and for the sake of those you have an influence on.
You have a lot to make up for.

Sincerely,
Rachael

P.S. I was his second living child of the first group he fathered. His choices have greatly affected me. I hope he realizes exactly how much damage he has done in his life time.

Comments

Jessica said…
That was a beautiful letter. I remember getting a letter from him and it freaked me out. It was so sad to see how far he had fallen, I am so sorry you have had to deal with this in your life. It amazing the power of the gospel and when people lose that influence, how far they can fall. You guys are amazing and you are all better people in spite of him.
Cami said…
You are such a strong woman! I don't know much about your father's life...but I know it hasn't been easy for many involved. I am amazed at your strength! Carry on:) Love ya! And just FYI, I am linked to your blog...I enjoy the updates:) Do you have mine? www.funfamilyford.blogspot.com
Congrats on the pregnancy- when are you due?
Love ya! Your cousin, Cami
Thank you Rachael! You are amazing! I agree with you completely! It's too bad some people are so far gone that they have to try and take others down with them in all they do and say. Love you!
connie said…
My dear sweet niece, Rachael Maria, You are constantly inspiring me! I have always seen you as STRONG, COURAGEOUS, VALIANT, DAUGHTER OF GOD!!! Thank-you for teaching me to stay focused to what is REALLY important. ETERNITIES!!! Living with our eternal oldest brother JESUS CHRIST and all the rest of our family that chooses to be with us. I love you soooo much! Stay just who you are, BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on the baby! Aunt Connie Love you tons!
Rachael said…
Wow, thanks my relatives! Very kind of you.
Ali said…
Thanks for your testimony. Very touching!
Cook Family said…
You go girl! Now, take that same approach with the faculty at Hyrum's school. They'll get it soon enough.

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls