"Ginnie, say, 'Hyrum, would you like to say the prayer? Say that."
"Hywum, would you like to say the pwayoe?"
"Sure!"
After he's done, Ginnie informs him that he forgot to bless the food, and to pray that they could play...Hyrum responds, "I did." 
"But I didn't heaw you pway that we could play."
My children have had the habit for a long time now of praying for what they'd really like to do, in the order that they hope to do it.  I suppose in our rush with family prayer, we pray for the same things, plus a few things we're grateful for.  That was just to get them prepared for what was ahead, so they were informed.  Maybe next family night's lesson will be on the different parts of prayer, and the significance of each part, rather than a schedule.
Kids really keep us on track.  They are little mirrors of what they hear and see.  Because of this, it's a sure way to push us to be so much better than we would have the motivation to be otherwise.  I'm so thankful to have them in my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sweet Little Girls

Falling Into Place

Utah Life