My Day Off

Today has been beyond amazing!
Dan finished finals this week, and went to play for the day on Wednesday.  So yesterday, he informed me that today, I could have the day off...he would take care of all my responsibilities so I could go do WHATEVER I wanted!
Let me tell you, I was pretty excited as you can imagine.
First, I woke up to breakfast in bed.  Then I took a shower and got myself ready for the day.
Then, I went bike riding with my babysitters' Mother...I've loved their family.  They have four teenage daughters who switch off babysitting for us and I think the world of their entire family.  We went about seven miles on a nice bike trail alongside an old abandoned railroad.  I had no idea we had gone so far because we were talking the entire time.  But, I'm pretty sore as I'm typing this, so I can only imagine how it's going to be tomorrow (I'm not in good shape).  We went back to their house, I practiced a song with her oldest daughter that we're going to sing in a couple months, then I waited while her third oldest got ready for me to take back to our house to babysit, so I could steal my handsome husband away for a surprise double date.  I seem to like Sarah's because my other friend, Sarah and her husband came with us.  We had a great time!  I really love all the people I'm meeting and getting to know here.  They've been such a great blessing to me.
We had an awesome time eating dinner and seeing a movie:)  Thank you so much Sarah and Ernie for a fun time, and Sister Kellar, and especially my Daniel for making this day like a dream that I'll always remember.

Comments

JT and Amberly said…
That is so sweet of your husband! I'll have to tell JT about that. Your family is adorable! Glad to see things are going well for you.
Jennings said…
That is so great that you got to go out and ride bikes and hang out with friends. That is so great that you got to have such a fun day! Your kids sound like they are so much fun! Keep on enjoying the moments!

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

My Sweet Little Girls