Family and Gospel

I love my in-laws.  I spoke with Dan's younger sister who is just my age for an hour or so today.  Every one of his sibling's to me, are great examples...in word and deed.  They're wonderful.  I have come to know each of them (nine) a little better each time we get a chance to visit.  I LOVE my in-laws.  I'm so grateful that when I married my husband, he brought a whole new family into my life.
Other than family, I am thankful for the knowledge of the gospel in it's fullness. Here is an excerpt from the Book of Mormon.  From chapter two of Nephi.  Those of you who don't know much about the Book of Mormon, in this particular book, this is a prophet named Lehi, addressing his sons about life, and redemption, Jesus Christ's role in it. Since it is Christmas time, and most of us are celebrating the birth and life of Jesus Christ, I thought this was appropriate.
6."Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
7.Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
8.Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.
9. And because of the intercession for all, all men come unto God; wherefore, they stand in the presence of him, to be judged of him according to the truth and holineess which is in him.  Wherefore, the ends of the law which the Holy One hath given, unto the inflicting of the punishment which is affixed, which punishment that is affixed is in opposition to that of the happiness which is affixed, to answer the ends of the atonement--"

For those who are interested about our religion, or about reading more of the Book of Mormon, go to lds.org.  There is plenty information there, and by the way, Book of Mormon's are free for anyone who want's to read more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

My Sweet Little Girls