Marriage Between a Man and a Woman

I like the fact that Dan and I have come to the point in our marriage where we can absolutely drive each other crazy, and in the middle of a heated discussion, laugh about something.  Then, within minutes after agreeing to disagree, or realizing that we just don't understand each other, being able to accept it and move on.

I love my best friend.  I always wanted crazy love...not boring love.  I wanted fireworks in the bedroom and out (meaning in "discussing" subjects that we don't quite see eye to eye on).  Well, I guess pretty much all the secret desires of my heart that I can think back to even as  a young teenager that I wanted in my marriage and in every other area of my life, have come to pass.  I never wanted a perfect marriage.  I wanted to grow together and to love someone, to belong to someone.  I knew there would be great trials, and great blessings with marriage.  I believe that with faith, the seemingly impossible becomes possible.  I have an image still of the way I want my marriage to improve, and exactly what I want to be someday.  But, looking back, it's easy to see just how much we've both grown in areas that weren't possible before marrying each other.   At times, when things seem too hard, there is a quiet something that whisper's to my heart that I need to believe in him, in me, in us.  It is God's quiet whispering's that have helped me through the greatest struggles of my life and he continues to give me confidence that everything will be alright.

Let's just say, we strengthen each other, we humble each other, we hurt each other, we love each other, and we learn from our mistakes then share what we've learned with each other.
The point is, we can do all these things together.  That's what marriage is; companionship through the good, the beautiful, the bad and the ugly.  It's love and joy beyond anything else-as well as heart-ache and turmoil at times beyond anything else.  And it's learning to share everything - ourselves as a constant companion, money, children, memories, possessions, relatives, and so forth.  This is why marriage is so refining.  It is selfless.  It's caring about someone else so deeply, that you're willing to let go of your pride and be vulnerable - to apologize when you've done wrong, then to forgive.

He is my man, and I, his woman.
We are becoming one.

The Lord has told us that if we are not one, we are not his.  True love unifies and teaches us interdependence.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God.  And let's just hope for a moment that somehow, He knew what He was doing when he created us with certain manners, physical body parts, different ways of communicating, thinking and dealing with life that seem to diversify and compliment one another.
Life is grand, isn't it?  Without this sacred unity, there would be none, after all in a perfect world.  And yet, it is because of our own pride, that after we've gained a little knowledge we feel that we can do whatever we'd like to do with our bodies without second thought of our Creator's intentions.

What a prideful and foolish people we become in putting our trust in the arm of flesh.
God knows all.
He sees all.
How can we set ourselves above Him?


I love my God.  I know His ways bring lasting happiness and progression even, eventually, to that life which is like His.  He, being our loving Father wants that for us.

I love all His children alike.

We must listen to remember who we are and our purposes for being here.  I am learning of mine more and more as I seek to listen to His voice rather than the world's which changes direction almost as often as the wind.  God is the same yesterday, today and forever.  Truth is unchanging.  If you are seeking the truth about why you are here, get on your knees and ask.  I promise you that if you walk forward in faith, the answer will come; and with that will follow the greatest sense of fulfillment and happiness your soul has ever felt.
I have experienced this for myself and honestly, I've learned that nothing that is worth the most in this life and in the eternities, is ever easy to attain or preserve.

I believe in miracles today.  I believe in marriage between husband and wife - not only that it can make a difference, but that it can bring greater peace for all.  After all, God is the author of peace.
And for those of you who desire this blessing, it will come.  Walk forward in faith and all your dreams will eventually come true.

Once again, God knows all.  He sees all.  We need to be careful not to set ourselves above Him and think we know what's best...instead, our hearts need to be full of gratitude for every blessing we enjoy right now, and hope for those things we would like to see come to pass.

Believe.  Hope.  Love.  Live.


Comments

Nicole said…
Thanks for your comment. I do remember you.. How are you doing? Your kids are darling.
Suzi-Q said…
I can only pray that I'm as lucky in finding such an amazing person as Dan was in finding you...LOVE YOU!
rachael said…
Thanks Suzanne...you will-you're one amazing chick yourself!! It will happen at the right time. Keep the faith. Love you too sista!
Suzie said…
That was nice Rachael! Thanks for sharing! HUGS!

Popular posts from this blog

My Sweet Little Girls

Utah Life

Falling Into Place