The Wheeler's

We've been visiting two of Dan's married brother's out of three.  And pretty much all of my kids' Wheeler cousins other than themselves.
These are two out of four families I haven't had much of a chance at getting to know.  Tonight, we went over to Dan's oldest brother's house and had a delicious dinner and homemade icecream.  We drew on the sidewalk with chalk, played in the backyard and I had the funnest time getting to know my sister-in-law whom I thought I didn't have much of anything in common with.  Come to find out we have more in common than most I talk to.
  It was great to see different sides of her than the few I've seen because of lack of opportunity to really get to know her.
One thing I've really come to realize is that everyone has their own trials that they're dealing with.  No matter what we may think we see on the outside, we never know what is going on.  That's why I love really getting to know other people and why they are the way they are.  That helps me to be a whole lot more of an understanding, tolerant, supportive, compassionate person.
I want to be someone with the ability to see right past any false pretenses, weaknesses, insecurities, and straight into the heart and soul of the individual I'm talking with.  That's a gift I'd like to acquire over time.
Another quality I'd like to have is the ability to be the type of person that nearly anyone can be comfortable around.
To add a little character, I also want to be my silly self around anyone and everyone and just have fun, not worry about trying to live up to society's unwritten rules and standards of what proper is.  I want to be myself, and encourage other's to be themselves as well...all in a respectful and considerate way  of course.
I so love all my in-laws.


Comments

Suzie said…
Rachael I am so happy to hear that you are having a good trip to your new home. I hope it continues to be a safe and fun journey for you guys! Hugs!!!
AZSMITHS said…
HI! I'm Dan's cousin Andrea. I found your blog through Grant & Janus. Anyway, It's funny- I have the same desires as you do. That I can be myself and others will feel comfortable to be themselves too. If I could get over my shyness! :)

Anyway, check out our blog:
jason-andreasmith@blogspot.com
rachael said…
Thanks Andrea-it's fun to be able to keep up with you guys. I didn't know you were expecting! Awesome, amazing woman.
I think a big part of me getting over my shyness is being okay with everyone seeing my silliest, weakest sides. I think that's why I've been so closed up in the past. Now I'm okay with that because that's the only way people can get to know all of me. I think some of us are perfectionists and it manifests itself in many ways.

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

My Sweet Little Girls