Angela




Went into labor at about 1:00am Monday morning...contractions were about seven to ten minutes apart.  At four-thirty we headed to the hospital.  They stayed anywhere from five to ten minutes apart for many hours giving me a good break.
At about eleven-twenty, the Dr. put me on a low dose of pitocin because I wasn't progressing any further.  Within an hour, she was born.
The nurse had just been in to check me, and had no idea that as soon as she walked out, the baby would come.  Daniel sort of delivered her, but she delivered mostly by herself.  I'm just grateful I was on a good place to give her room on my small hospital bed.
It was  a good experience, and not a bad labor at all.  
She's eating great now...just had to get through this first week.  So far, Angela is an angel.  She's expressive and has a mild and gentle disposition.  She lifts her head slowly to look at anyone who's holding her-she's been pretty alert since birth during her awake times which seem to be equal to her asleep times.  I haven't had to worry about her digging herself because her movements are slow and controlled.

She dropped down to 6 lb 7 oz a couple days after birth (birth weight was 7 lb 1 oz).  But now that we're all set as far as feeding, I'm sure she's gained a bit back.  We'll see at her next Dr. appointment.

It's an adjustment for the family.  We're all in transition and hopefully things will settle down in a few weeks.  Everyone loves little Angela.  She's an important part of our family now and adds a lot.  

I'm feeling really good.  Angela is much smaller than Ginnie was-that seems to make a difference in recovery.

Thanks to everyone for prayers in our behalf.  We love our little Angela!

Comments

Lori said…
Congratulations, Rachael!
Congratulations! I am so excited for your family. Having 3 kids is great, you will do fine. It takes a little time to adjust, but you will get it down. So glad that everything went well. She is a cutie!

Popular posts from this blog

My Sweet Little Girls

Falling Into Place

Utah Life