Sabbath; a day of rest and worship

    I have to report back after such a relaxing and filling Sabbath.
  Dan's lesson in Sunday School was absolutely amazing.  We studied mostly chapter nine of 2 Nephi...and the Spirit was so strong.  All about the Plan and especially our Savior's Atonement.  I  came home just spiritually rejuvinated and took the liberty upon myself to lie down and relax, physically rest for an hour or two which was absolute heaven  after Saturday.
  If you get a chance and are interested, go onto Daniel's blog.  He posted his lesson there.  Really, he's got quite a gift in teaching.  Someone actually asked if he worked for the Church Education System.
  I remember that's one of the main things that attracted me to him before we met.  He was the Single's Ward Gospel Doctrine teacher for a few years and after a while of attending the other Sunday School class, I decided to give his a try.  I was blown away from the first time I heard him at his knowledge of the Gospel, his wit and skill in teaching it, his ability to really create an atmosphere where anyone could share and feel comfortable, his testimony and spirit.  Where did he come from?  I mean, he was equally as good as any Education Week teacher I had heard,  yet he was young and single, and I thought at the time way out of my league.

  Well, I felt it necessary after that first class to wait until he was done visiting with someone else to compliment him on his lesson.  He says I was flirting...not sure I knew what flirting was (honestly, I was incredibly shy), I was just genuinely touched by his lesson and felt the need to express it.

  Having the opportunity to hear him teach after many years of not, was a reminder to me that he has this gift.  He's really just been filling in for a few weeks until they get a new teacher called to that position.
  He tells me he tends to believe it more when people comment on what a great lesson it was rather than what a good teacher he is, because, he says, it's the subject, the material we have and the spirit that does the teaching.  That's why he's a great teacher.  He has the knowledge and know how, but most importantly he knows that the greatest teacher is the Holy Ghost. That's what touches people's hearts and helps them to internalize and understand what is being taught.  That's what feels them with the joy and peace of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; with motivation and the desire to make a change for the better.

  Anyway, it was wonderful and now I'm ready for a new week.
I really love  the Gospel.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and what he's made possible in my life. With Him I can overcome and accomplish all things that I desire to.  With Him, I can become anything worth believing in and hoping for.
My favorite scripture is Phillipians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  I know that.  I'm eternally grateful for that knowledge.
I'm grateful for my life and my rich blessings which seem to just keep a coming.  I hope to be a more effective missionary so that those around me too can experience the fruits of the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Into Place

Utah Life

My Sweet Little Girls